Friday, March 22, 2013

A fairy tale

To some world, an embodiment of strength
to another, arrogance.
No one knows my story,
the wounds or scars, I carry.

I don't speak of myself;
or what hurdles, curves and bends
I've been through
Because life is a journey and I'm yet to reach the end.

I however can't escape
the fact that I'm talked about;
Thus, the scrutiny of the ways of my life.
Oh! My small world.

The word then makes its rounds
Of the barriers overcame, and the perceived contributions;
Small acts of kindness, I believe-
"It's a fairy tale" is the comment.

I'd never play victim,
I don't like being one.
I'd rather die fighting for what's mine
By merit not con.

I don't believe in taking hostage,
My sweet revenge,
lies in the success I don't talk about;
And you are too blind to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment